Triangle of Care
As a trust we are committed to Triangle of Care and have now cemented that commitment by successfully completing our first audit. We are absolutely delighted to now be able to officially say we have our Triangle of Care membership accreditation.
There's still work to be done. We've now completed the audit within our inpatient services. Our next task is to achieve our second star after we have completed our community services audit. We will update this page to keep you informed of our progress. You can read more about Triangle of Care within the Carers Trust document below. Alternatively take a look at our Summer 2017 issue of Connected.
The key elements of Triangle of Care:
- Carers and the essential role they play are identified at first contact or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Staff are ’carer aware’ and trained in carer engagement strategies.
- Policy and practice protocols re: confidentiality and sharing information are in place.
- Defined post(s) responsible for carers are in place.
- A carer introduction to the service and staff is available, with a relevant range of information across the acute care pathway.
- A range of carer support services is available.