The Trust Board has overall responsibility for the activity, integrity and strategy of the Trust and is accountable, through its Chairman, to the NHS Trust Development Authority and the Secretary of State for Health.
Its role is largely supervisory and strategic, and it has six key functions:
- to set strategic direction, define objectives and agree plans for the Trust
- to monitor performance and ensure corrective action
- to ensure financial stewardship
- to ensure high standards of corporate and clinical governance and personal behaviour
- to appoint, appraise and remunerate executives
- to ensure dialogue with external bodies and the local community
- More on Trust Board roles and membership.
We welcome attendance from members of the public and anyone that has an interest in the Trust, including any member of staff.
If you are planning to attend a Meeting of the Board, please can you let the Company Secretary know on 01622 724125, in advance so that we can help to plan for seating arrangements.