Work for us
The CQC have rated us as an ‘Outstanding’ organisation for Caring with an overall rating of ‘Good’. We believe in changing lives through giving excellent care that improves people’s mental health. Whether you are a nurse, health support worker or non-clinical professional now is a great time to be part of the KMPT family and join our ‘Outstanding’ team.
We want to attract more safe, skilled, competent and motivated nurses so we can continue providing the highest standards of care. We employ around 3,300 colleagues, ranging from doctors, nurses and allied health professionals to corporate support staff.
Disability Confident employer
We are a Disability Confident employer, which means that we
- have undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident self-assessment
- are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer
- are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least one activity to keep and develop our people.
The Disability Confident scheme aims to help employers make the most of the opportunities provided by employing disabled people. It is voluntary and has been developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives.
We commit to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community. We recognise the value serving personnel both regular and reservists, veterans and military families contribute to our business and our country.
We Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
You can read the full Armed Forces Covenant here